The Kestrel 2500 Pocket Weather Meter measures wind and temperature with total accuracy, and has the added benefits of an air pressure sensor that provides altitude and barometric information. Kestrel 2500 technology enables you to follow changes in air pressure that help predict impending changes in the weather. Factor in the 2500's digital altimeter, and you have most of the weather information you need for outdoor activities ranging from model airplane flight to rifle practice.
The Kestrel 2500's sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology provides accurate wind speed info. Additionally, an external temperature sensor and waterproof casing allow you to gauge the temperature of water (it even floats) and snow, as well as the open air. A hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included.
Kestrel Pocket Weather Meters like the Kestrel 2500 are an essential tool for target rifle shooters and military professionals, and prove invaluable to outdoor enthusiasts (like skiers and mountain climbers) who need accurate and up to the minute weather information.
For military professionals, the Olive Drab NV version of the Kestrel 2500 features a night-vision preserving backlight. Backlight incorporates optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not "red", and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.)
- (1) 2500 Pocket Weather Meter
- (1) Slip-on protective cover
- (1) Neck lanyard
- (1) CR2032 coin cell battery (Average 300 hour life)
- (1) Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Minimum wind speed: 0.7 mph (0.6 knots, 1 km/h, 0.3 m/s, or 60 fpm).
- Maximum wind speed: 89 mph (78 knots, 144 km/h, 40 m/s, or 7,830 fpm).
- Wind speed accuracy: ±3%. Update: 1 second.
- Temperature, wind chill, heat stress, and dew point range: -20°F to +158°F (-29°C to +70°C).
- Temperature, wind chill, heat stress, and dew point accuracy: ±2°F (±1°C).
- Temperature resolution: ±0.1°F (±0.1°C). Wind chill factor resolution: ±1°C.
- Barometric pressure range: 870.0 hPa to 1,080.0 hPa (25.70 inHg to 31.90 inHg).
- Barometric pressure accuracy: ±3 hPa.
- Altitude range: -1,500 ft. to 30,000 ft. (-500 m to 9,000 m).
- Altitude accuracy: ±30 meters (at standard atmospheric conditions).
- Operating temperature: 5°F to +122°F (-15°C to +50°C).
- Storage temperature range: -4°F to +176°F (-20°C to +80°C).
- Impeller: 1” diameter, sapphire bearings, lightweight.
- Temperature sensor: hermetically sealed precision thermistor.
- Pressure sensor: monolithic silicon piezoreisitive sensor.
- Display: reflective 3-1/2 digit backlit LCD.
- Sealing: electronics enclosure IP67 – water resistant to 3 ft. Floats.
- Battery: user-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery (included) with a typical life of 400 hours.
- Dimensions: 4.8” x 1.7” x 0.8”.