This Delta T agricultural calculation is unique to 3500 DT model, as
it was designed with the farming community in mind. For more
information on Wet Bulb Temperature and Dry Bulb Temperature.
The only features available on the Kestrel 3500 Wind Meter that are not available on the 3500 Delta T are wind chill and heat stress index.
To Note: The Kestrel 3500 Delta T does not log accumulated data like the more high-tech weather meters of the Kestrel 4000 series.
The Kestrel 3500 Delta T's easy to use menu system scrolls through each of its environmental measurement conditions. It has an external temperature sensor with a waterproof casing that allows you to gauge the temperature of water, snow, and the open air. The sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology provides accurate wind speed info, and a hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included.
- Air, Water and Snow Temperature
- Average Wind Speed
- Barometric Pressure
- 3- hour pressure trends
- Current Wind Speed
- Delta T (unique to the 3500DT model)
- Dew point
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Relative Humidity
- Wet Bulb Temperature
- (1) 3500DT Pocket Weather Meter
- (1) Slip-on protective cover
- (1) Neck lanyard
- (1) CR2032 coin cell battery (Average 300 hour life)
- (1) Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Minimum wind speed: 0.7 mph (0.6 knots, 1 km/h, 0.3 m/s, or 59 fpm).
- Maximum wind speed: 89 mph (78 knots, 144 km/h, 40 m/s, or 7,877 fpm).
- Wind speed accuracy: ±3%. Update: 1 second.
- Temperature, wind chill, heat stress, and dew point range: -20°F to +158°F (-29°C to +70°C).
- Temperature, wind chill, heat stress, and dew point accuracy: ±2°F (±1°C).
- Temperature resolution: ±0.1°F (±0.1°C).
- Wind chill factor resolution: ±1°C.
- Relative humidity range: 5% to 95%.
- Relative humidity accuracy: ±3% from 5% to 95%.
- Barometric pressure range: 870.0 hPa to 1,080.0 hPa (25.70 inHg to 31.90 inHg).
- Barometric pressure accuracy: ±3hPa.
- Altitude range: -1,500 ft. to 30,000 ft. (-500 m to 9,000 m).
- Altitude accuracy: ±30 meters (at standard atmospheric conditions).
- Operating temperature: 5°F to +122°F (-15°C to +50°C).
- Storage temperature range: -4°F to +176°F (-20°C to +80°C).
- Impeller: 1” diameter, sapphire bearings, lightweight.
- Temperature sensor: hermetically sealed precision thermistor.
- Humidity sensor: solid state silicon capacitive sensor.
- Pressure sensor: monolithic silicon piezoreisitive sensor.
- Display: reflective 3-1/2 digit backlit LCD.
- Sealing: electronics enclosure IP67 water resistant to 3 ft. Floats.
- Battery: user-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery (included) with a typical life of 400 hours.
- Dimensions: 4.8” x 1.7” x 0.8”.