A low cost, lightweight alternative to larger flow meters, ideal for use in applications where the superior durability and depth rating of Valeport's larger meters is not necessary. Utilising the standard Valeport 125mm diameter impeller, the Model 106 features speed and direction parameters as standard, with further options of temperature and depth. Data (logged or real time) is compatible with Valeport's DataLog™ software. The instrument is manufactured from titanium and polymers, giving excellent resistance to corrosion, whilst maintaining a small size and low weight. These features make the Model 106 the ideal instrument for coastal and estuarine applications, and other light duty survey work.
The Model 106 Current Meter is a light weight, cost effective impeller current meter, designed for real time current measurement or short to medium term autonomous deployments. Titanium construction ensures durability, and the optional temperature and pressure sensors increase the versatility of the instrument. Ideal for use in rivers and coastal applications, or from small boats, the Model 106 is simple to use with either the Windows based PC software supplied, or an optional dedicated display unit.
What's in the Box:
- (1) Valeport Model 106 Lightweight Current Meter
- (1) Communications lead (3m, Y lead)
- (1) Set of tools
- (1) Operating manual
- (1) Software
- (1) System transit case.
- Speed: Type: High Impact Styrene Impeller: Size: 125mm diameter by 270mm pitch; Range: 0.03 to 5m/s, Accuracy: ±1.5% of reading above 0.15m/s, ±0.004m/s below 0.15m/s.
- Direction: Type: Flux gate compass; Range: 0 to 360°; Accuracy: ± 2.5°; Resolution: 0.5°.
- Temperature: Type: Thermistor; Range: -5 to 35°C; Accuracy: ± 0.2°C; Resolution: 0.01°C.
- Pressure: Type: Strain Gauge Transducer; Range: 50, 100, 200 or 500 dBar; Accuracy: ± 0.2% Range.; Resolution: 0.025% Range
- The current meter works on a basic 1 second cycle, during which the impeller counts are taken and a single compass heading reading is made. From this, East and North velocity vectors are calculated, which are then summed over the averaging period. The additional parameters of temperature and pressure (if fitted) are sampled once every sample period, and averaged over the averaging period.
- Data Recovery: Direct to PC via communications port. Maximum RS232 data rate of 19200 baud.
- Switching On/Off: The meters are switched on and off through software control, either by the DataLog™ software or by using the Model 8008 CDU. However, for autonomous, self recording operation the 106 is supplied with a subconn switch cap which fits in place of a direct cable connection.
- The Model 106 may be used with a dedicated display unit for real time operations allowing instrument setup and data display.
Size: 244 x 193 x 94mm, 2kg
Protection: IP67 (10 secs @ 0.3m)
- 512 Kbyte Solid State Memory. Each parameter record uses 2 bytes. As an example, this gives a duration of over 1 week with full parameter sampling every 10 seconds, or 220 days with sampling every 5 minutes
- Internal: 1 x D cell. 1.5v alkaline cell gives approximately 30 days at 10 second sample rate, or 56 days at 5 minute sample rate. 3.6v Lithium cell gives approximately 90 days at 10 second sample rate, or 180 days at 5 minute sample rate.
- External: For external supply, 12-20v DC is required. Power can also be taken from the Model 8008 CDU.
- Fitted with Subconn MCBH10F (Brass)
- RS232 to PC over cable lengths up to 200m.
- Digital Current Loop to Model 8008 CDU, or to PC over longer cable lengths (requires additional adaptor).
- Instrument: Materials: Titanium, acetal and ABS plastic; Size: 640mm x 50mm Ø, (tail 133mm wide x 270mm high); Weight: 3kg (air), 2kg (water); Depth Rating: 500m. Shipping: Model 106 Size: 84 x 42 x 39cm; Model 106 Weight: 17kg; 50m Cable Size: 42 x 33 x 49cm; 50m Cable Weight: 11kg.
- System is supplied with DataLog TM Windows based PC software, for instrument setup, data extraction and display of tabular and graphical data plots. DataLog is license free.