Global Water's WL400 Water Level Sensor provides highly accurate water
level measurement for a wide variety of applications, including those in
severe environments. The submersible pressure transducers have a
dynamic temperature compensation system, enabling high accuracy
measurements over a wide temperature range. The water level sensor is
easily adapted to all dataloggers, telemetry, monitoring equipment, and
Each of the water level sensors consist of a solid state submersible pressure transducer encapsulated in a stainless steel 13/16 inch diameter housing. The water level sensor has a molded waterproof cable and a two-wire 4-20mA output for connection to a monitoring device. A 25 ft cable is standard, and optional cable lengths are available up to 500 ft.
The Water Level Sensor's submersible pressure transducer is fully encapsulated with marine-grade epoxy so that moisture can never leak in or work its way down the vent tube to cause drift or level sensor failure. The sensor uses a unique, highly flexible silicon diaphragm to interface between water and the sensing element. This silicon diaphragm protects the water level sensor's electronics from moisture and provides each sensor with exceptional linearity and very low hysteresis.
Water level ranges of 0-3, 0-15, 0-30, 0-60, 0-120, and 0-250 feet are available. The 0-3 ft low-level range is ideal for measuring shallow flows or small water level changes like those encountered in sewers, storm drains, weirs, and flumes. The 0-3 ft water monitoring sensor accurately measures small changes in water, even when the water's depth is only a few inches deep.
- Global Water WL400-250-300 Vented Water Level Sensor, Range: 0 to 250 ft, Cable length: 300 ft
- Sensor Element: Silicone Diaphragm, Wet/Wet Transducer
- Pressure Range: 0-3, 0-15, 0-30, 0-60, 0-120, 0-250, 0-500 ft
- Linearity and Hysteresis: ±0.1% FS
- Accuracy: ±0.1% of full scale at constant temperature, ±0.2% over 35°F to 70°F (1.37° to 21.1°C) range
- Overpressure: Not to exceed 2 x full scale range
- Resolution: Infinitesimal (Analog)
- Outputs: 4-20 mA or 0.5 to 2.5 VDC across 125 ohms
- Supply Voltage: 8 to 36 VDC
- Current Draw: Same as sensor output
- Warm Up Time: 3 seconds recommended
- Operating Temperature: -40° to +185°F (-40° to +85°C)
- Compensation: Uses dynamic temperature compensation 30 to 70°F (-1.1 to 21.1°C). Automatic barometric pressure compensation
- Weight: 1/2 lb (227 g)
- Material: 304L Stainless Steel, SS microscreen (hundreds of holes to prevent fouling), electronics are fully encapsulated in marine grade epoxy, guaranteed not to leak
- Size: up to 13/16 inch diameter x 5 1/2 in long (2 cm dia. x 14 cm long)(small enough for a 1 inch (2.54 cm) well). Titanium option has 1 inch (2.54 cm) diameter.
- Conductors: 4 each 22 AWG
- Material: Marine grade polyether jacket, polyethylene vent tube, full foil shield
- Outer Diameter: 0.306 inch (0.78 cm)
- Temperature Range: -22° to +185°F (-30° to +85°C)
- Weight: 0.7 oz/ft (~65g/m)
- Length: Standard 25 ft (7.62 m) (up to 500 ft (152.4 m) from factory)