Apogee quantum sensors measure photosynthetically active radiation. The MQ-100 has a sensor integrated into the top of the housing while the handheld meter displays and stores measurements. Photosynthetically active radiation (PAR), or photosynthetic photon flux (PPF), is the wavelength range from 400 to 700 nanometers and is strongly correlated with plant growth. Gardeners, greenhouse managers, growth chamber users and salt-water aquarists measure PAR to insure optimal specimen health.
- (1) Apogee Instruments MQ-100 Quantum Light Meter without Remote Sensor
- (1) 3 V coin cell battery
- Measurement Range: 0 to 2,999 µmol m.
- Operating Environment: 0°C to 50°C; less than 90% non-condensing relative humidity up to 30°C, less than 70% relative humidity from 30°C to 50°C.
- Power: standard 3 Volt coin cell battery.