The Hach Ammonia ISE Analysis Package includes the Hach Ammonia
Electrode which measures ammonia gas or ammonium ions in aqueous
solutions that have been converted to gas by the addition of a strong
base. The electrode is a complete electrochemical cell consisting of a
glass pH electrode and a reference electrode.
membrane separates the sample from a thin layer of electrolyte that is
pressed between the pH bulb and the membrane. At high pH, ammonium is
converted to ammonia gas. The gas diffuses through the membrane and
causes a pH change in the thin layer of electrolyte. The potential
across the pH glass changes as a result of the pH change and the
electrode measures the change in potential. The measured pH change is
proportional to the ammonia concentration in the solution.
ammonia electrode will measure ammonia gas or ammonium ion (converted to
gas by strong base) in a variety of aqueous samples. Applications
include water, wastewater, boiler feedwaters, fertilizers, biological
samples, fish tanks, and more.
Electrochemical cell consisting of a glass pH electrode and a reference electrode
Gas-permeable membrane that separates the sample from a thin layer of electrolyte
Measure ammonia gas or ammonium ion in a variety of aqueous samples
What's in the Box:
(1) sensION 51927 combination ammonia ISE (5192700)
(5) Pack of replacement ammonia membrane modules (no. 5192711)
(1) Electrode filling solution (50 mL, no. 4447226)
(2) Hach ammonia nitrogen standard solutions (10 mg/L (500 mL, no. 15349) and 100 mg/L (500 mL, no. 2406549))
(1) Hach ammonia ionic strength adjustor (ISA) Powder Pillows (pack of 100, no. 4447169)
(1) Electrode storage solution (50 mL, no. 2541259), 50-mL beaker (no. 108041)
(1) User Manual.