The Kestrel 3000 Pocket Weather Meter is the handheld weather-monitoring device that provides a wide range of functions, plus accurate relative humidity measurements. Before the Kestrel 3000 came along, the technology required to gather this information would require masses of equipment – but not anymore. The Kestrel 3000 Weather Meter measures essential environmental parameters like temperature and wind speeds, and has added advantages for professionals who need access to humidity and heat stress readings.
Because of its compact size and high durability, the Kestrel 3000 and Kestrel 3500 have become the pocket weather meters of choice for Wildland firefighters, concrete professionals, even professional coaches – all of whom need accurate weather info to properly access environmental conditions and make crucial decisions.
The Kestrel 3000's sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology
provides accurate wind speed info. Additionally, an external
temperature sensor and waterproof casing allow you to gauge the
temperature of water (it even floats) and snow, as well as the open air.
A hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included.
- (1) 3000 Pocket Weather Meter
- (1) Slip-on protective cover
- (1) Neck lanyard
- (1) CR2032 coin cell battery (Average 300 hour life)
- (1) Kestrel Certificate of Conformity
- Minimum wind speed: 0.7 mph (0.6 knots, 1 km/h, 0.3 m/s, or 60 fpm).
- Maximum wind speed: 89 mph (78 knots, 144 km/h, 40 m/s, or 7,830 fpm).
- Wind speed accuracy: ±3%. Update: 1 second.
- Temperature and wind chill accuracy: ±1°C.
- Wind chill factor resolution: ±1°C. Relative humidity accuracy: ±3% from 5% to 95%.
- Dew point temperature accuracy: ±2°C.
- Heat index accuracy: ±3°C.Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field.
- Temperature resolution: ±0.1°F (±0.1°C).
- Operating temperature: -4°F to +140°F (-20°C to +60°C).
- Temperature range: -20°F to +158°F (-29°C to +70°C). Impeller: 1” diameter, sapphire bearings, light weight.
- Temperature sensor: hermetically sealed precision thermistor.
- Humidity sensor: silicon based capacitive sensor.
- Display: reflective 3-1/2 digit backlit LCD. Sealing: electronics enclosure IP67 – water resistant to 3 ft. Floats.
- Battery: user-replaceable CR2032 coin cell battery (included) with a typical life of 400 hours.
- Dimensions: 4.8” x 1.7” x 0.6”.