The Well Sounder 2010 PRO is a sonic water level meter, designed and manufactured by Eno Scientific, to measure static water level in wells, piezometers or boreholes. This portable handheld unit uses sound waves to measure the distance from the top of the well to the water level. This eliminates the need to lower anything into the well. Unlike standard water level tapes these acoustic meters are free from well contamination issues, there is no clean up and nothing to get stuck in the well. Simply place the probe into a well cap opening and turn the unit on, within seconds the unit will display the static water level measurement.
This water level indicator also allows the user to perform unsupervised drawdown testing or long term groundwater monitoring with it's built-in data logger capable of storing up to 25 million time/date stamped data points. These water level meters can be set to take measurements at intervals between 1-60 minutes. It also has a power save function, which will put the unit to sleep between measurements to save battery life. The water level meter will turn on, take a measurement and turn itself back off. After you are done with the test simply return to the testing site and retrieve the Well Sounder 2010 PRO. The logged information can be easily downloaded with the included USB Cable and will be displayed as a data file to be opened in a program of your choosing. There is no special software required and it works with any operating system. If the data won't be downloaded immediately, take advantage of the Well Sounder's ability to give each well an ID number, which will be stored with the logged data to help keep the data organized.
The Well Sounder 2010 PRO also has the ability to interface with standard pulsed flow meters. When the flow meter option is enabled, the water level meter will measure and log total flow, flow rate and the rate of recovery of water in the well. If there are known defects in the well, such as a rock fissure, simply use the water level meters range minimum to ignore past the distance of the known interference. You can also enter the well depth and diameter which the Well Sounder will use to calculate the total water volume in the well as well as drawdown and recovery rates. This water level instrumentation will display measurements in English or Metric units.
In most cases, installation and use of the Well Sounder 2010 PRO is as easy as placing the probe on the vent hole and pushing the ON button. However, there are limitations such as large diameter wells (wells over 10") or open top wells. The Well Sounder can still work on these configurations. Large diameter wells can be overcome with the installation of a sounding tube and an open top well can still be measured by creating a seal at the top of the well to keep the sound pulse contained.
- Well Sounder 2010 PRO meter
- Probe with 6 ft cable
- USB cable
- Carrying case
- US Groundwater Temperature Chart
- Quick Start Guide
- User Manual
- Measurement: Range, 9 to 2,000 feet; Resolution, 0.05 ft. Accuracy - 0.1 ft.
- Logging: Memory, nonvolatile flash memory for 25 million time/date stamped data points in addition to calibration and user data. Logging rates, 1 sec to 60 minutes per sample.
- Environmental: Temperature, 0°F to 110°F. Humidity, 10 to 90% non-condensing.
- Display: 2 x 16 character LCD. Alarms: high and low 10 to 2,000 ft.
- Output: USB or serial. Serial Output: baud 300 - 57600, 8 data bits, one stop bit. (19200 baud default).
- Power: External Power, 6.5 to 12VDC at 50ma.Internal Power, 6 AA alkaline batteries provide continuous use for approx. 80 hours or up to 21 days in power save mode. Real time clock, Li Ion 3V battery CR2032.
- Dimensions: 4” x 7.5” x 1.25”.
- Control Unit Weight: 14 oz. with batteries.
- Probe Weight: 5.5 oz.