The measurements given are compensated for barometric pressure on both vented cable and non vented cable versions of the Dipper logs. The tapNtell is housed in a NEMA IP68 case and it is permanently attached to the well. The showNtell is a portable pocket sized version which can be carried from well to well. To use the showNtell instant reading just remove the cap from the well head logger read out and plug in the showNtell. When taking readings with these units, the loggers continue their logging missions without any interruptions. These instant-read devices carry their own power supply (one 9V battery). They do not deprive the loggers of any power. Although the batteries are easily replaceable, one battery usually lasts up to 5 years.
These devices are suited to monitoring de-watering sites, pore water pressures during earth works construction, mining operations, irrigation wells, pore water pressure monitoring in piezometers or just keeping an eye on a domestic well or cistern. The uses for this water measuring tool are endless and you are still logging your water usage cycles. They give you instant real time information and a continuous record of water level rise and fall.
- (1) Heron DipperLog ShowNtell Handheld Display
- ABS Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 50 °C.
- Dimensions: 117mm (4.6”) x 79mm (3.1”) x 24mm (.96”).
- Weight: 176g Auto off time: None, unit powers down when detached from dipperLog.
- Displayed Measurements: Height of Water above transducer and Temperature.
- Power Source: 9 Volt Alkaline.
- Battery life: 6 – 12 Months (Use dependant).